Diffstat (limited to 'README')
1 files changed, 62 insertions, 11 deletions
@@ -5,7 +5,13 @@ Overview
LibParserUtils provides various pieces of functionality that are useful
- when writing parsers.
+ when writing parsers. These are:
+ + A number of character set convertors
+ + Mapping of character set names to/from MIB enum values
+ + UTF-8 and UTF-16 (host endian) support functions
+ + Various simple data structures (resizeable buffer, stack, vector)
+ + A UTF-8 input stream
@@ -24,30 +30,75 @@ Requirements
- If necessary, modify the toolchain settings in the Makefile.
- Invoke make:
+ The exact type of build may be configured by passing parameters to make.
+ Common usage is described below.
+ For a static library:
+ For a shared library:
+ $ make COMPONENT_TYPE=lib-shared
+ For a static library with debug enabled:
+ $ make BUILD=debug
+ To cross-compile a static library:
+ $ make TARGET=<target-platform>
- To verify that the parser is working, it is necessary to specify a
- different makefile target than that used for normal compilation, thus:
+ The library's functionality may be verified, thus:
$ make test
+ If you wish to see test coverage statistics, run:
+ $ make coverage
+ Then open build/coverage/index.html in a web browser.
+ In both cases, ensure that the same parameters to make are passed as when
+ building the library.
+ To install the library:
+ $ make install
+ Ensure that the same parameters to make are passed as when building the
+ To specify the installation prefix:
+ $ make install PREFIX=/path/to/prefix
+ To specify a staging directory for packaging:
+ $ make install DESTDIR=/path/to/directory
+ Items will be installed to $(DESTDIR)$(PREFIX)/
+ To uninstall:
+ $ make uninstall
- Currently, there is none. However, the code is well commented and the
- public API may be found in the "include" directory. The testcase sources
- may also be of use in working out how to use it.
- Additionally, you can use doxygen to auto-generate API documentation, thus:
+ Use doxygen to auto-generate API documentation, thus:
$ make docs
- Then open the build/docs/html/index.html file in a web browser.
+ Then open build/docs/html/index.html in a web browser.
+ The test driver code in test/ may also provide some useful pointers.
Enabling iconv() support