|author||Michael Drake <email@example.com>||2009-08-10 22:36:39 +0000|
|committer||Michael Drake <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2009-08-10 22:36:39 +0000|
Simplify library installation.
svn path=/trunk/netsurf/; revision=9176
Diffstat (limited to 'Docs')
1 files changed, 13 insertions, 15 deletions
diff --git a/Docs/BUILDING-RISC_OS b/Docs/BUILDING-RISC_OS
index 82089ab4d..59d1cbcc8 100644
@@ -29,12 +29,12 @@
Building and executing NetSurf
- | Note: The version of make supplied with some RISC OS GCC 3 is old and has
- | a bug that prevents NetSurf from building. Either ensure that
- | NSTools is seen before GCC, or replace the make inside "!GCC.bin"
- | with the make from "!NSTools.bin".
- | The minimal version of make you need is v3.81 and can be checked
- | with its '--version' command line option.
+ | Note: The version of make supplied with RISC OS GCC 3 is old and has a bug
+ | that prevents NetSurf from building. Either ensure that NSTools is
+ | seen before GCC, or replace the make inside "!GCC.bin" with the make
+ | from "!NSTools.bin".
+ | The minimum version of make that works is v3.81. You can check what
+ | version you have by running, '*make --version'.
| Note: The pre-built libraries currently supplied in NSTools are AOF format,
| and will not work with GCC4, which requires them to be in ELF format.
@@ -87,7 +87,8 @@
The NSTools on the web site is not auto-built, so it may not always have
the latest versions of the NetSurf project's own libraries. In this case
- you will need to build the libraries yourself and update NSTools.
+ you will need to build the libraries yourself and update your copy of
Fetching the sources
@@ -114,14 +115,11 @@
- This updates your local copy of the source to the latest version. To build
- the library, run
+ This updates your local copy of the source to the latest version. To build
+ and install the library into NSTools, run the following commands:
+ *make install
- If you are using GCC3, you may get a warning about AR. This can be ignored.
- To update your NSTools, copy the latest headers from the include directory
- for the library you built into "!NSTools.include" and copy the built library
- from the build-riscos-riscos-release-lib-static.a directory to the
- "!NSTools.lib.a" directory.
+ | Note: If you are using GCC3, you may get a warning about AR when you run
+ | make. This can be ignored.