|author||James Bursa <email@example.com>||2003-09-07 21:08:13 +0000|
|committer||James Bursa <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2003-09-07 21:08:13 +0000|
[project @ 2003-09-07 21:08:13 by bursa]
Document cache and content, split struct content up. svn path=/import/netsurf/; revision=270
Diffstat (limited to 'content/cache.h')
1 files changed, 7 insertions, 16 deletions
diff --git a/content/cache.h b/content/cache.h
index 4bc64d6e3..8cdb9b63c 100644
@@ -5,27 +5,18 @@
* Copyright 2003 James Bursa <email@example.com>
- * The cache contains a content structure for each url. If a structure is not
+ * Caching of converted contents (interface).
+ * The cache contains a ::content structure for each url. If a structure is not
* in state CONTENT_STATUS_DONE, then loading and converting must be actively
* in progress, so that when a not done content is retrieved no action needs
* to be taken to load it.
- * Each content in the cache is either freeable or not freeable. If an entry
- * is freeable, the cache may destroy it through content_destroy at any time.
- * cache_get attempts to retrieve an url from the cache, returning the
- * content and setting it to not freeable on success, and returning 0 on
- * failure.
- * cache_put adds a content to the cache, setting it to not freeable.
- * cache_freeable sets the content to freeable.
+ * Each content in the cache is either freeable or non-freeable. If an entry
+ * is freeable, the cache may destroy it through content_destroy() at any time.
- * cache_destroy informs the cache that a content is about to be destroyed,
- * and must be removed from the cache. This should be called when an error
- * occurs when loading an url and the content is destroyed. The content must
- * be non freeable.
+ * The cache uses the cache element of struct content.