|author||James Bursa <email@example.com>||2005-01-29 14:11:21 +0000|
|committer||James Bursa <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2005-01-29 14:11:21 +0000|
[project @ 2005-01-29 14:11:21 by bursa]
Remove obsolete file. svn path=/import/netsurf/; revision=1474
Diffstat (limited to 'content')
1 files changed, 0 insertions, 56 deletions
diff --git a/content/overview b/content/overview
deleted file mode 100644
@@ -1,56 +0,0 @@
-NetSurf fetch, cache, and content system
-There is a one-to-one mapping between URLs and content structures.
-The resource at a URL may be required for two reasons:
-1. The user requests a URL in the GUI by entering it or following a link.
-2. A page contains an object (such as an image).
-When a URL is required, call fetchcache() as follows:
- c = fetchcache(url, referer, callback, p1, p2, width, height);
-p1 and p2 are the callers private pointers used to identify the resource, and
-they are passed to the callback. The triple (callback, p1, p2) must be unique.
-The call returns immediately with a struct content. The structure may be in the
-following states (c->status):
- CONTENT_STATUS_TYPE_UNKNOWN -- the MIME type of the resource has not been
- determined yet.
- CONTENT_STATUS_LOADING -- the resource is being fetched or converted, and can
- not be displayed.
- CONTENT_STATUS_READY -- the resource is still loading, but may be displayed.
- CONTENT_STATUS_DONE -- the resource has loaded completely.
-States may only follow in the above order (but some may be skipped). The
-callback function is called when the state changes or at other times as follows:
- CONTENT_MSG_LOADING -- state has changed from CONTENT_STATUS_TYPE_UNKNOWN to
- CONTENT_STATUS_LOADING. If the type is not acceptable content_remove_user()
- should be called (see below).
- CONTENT_MSG_READY -- state has changed to CONTENT_STATUS_READY.
- CONTENT_MSG_DONE -- state has changed to CONTENT_STATUS_DONE.
- CONTENT_MSG_ERROR -- a fatal error with the resource has occurred. The error
- message is in the callback parameter. The content structure will be
- destroyed after this message and must not be used.
- CONTENT_MSG_STATUS -- the content structure's status message has changed.
- CONTENT_MSG_REDIRECT -- the server has sent a replacement URL for the content.
- This message may only occur in CONTENT_STATUS_TYPE_UNKNOWN. The content
- will be destroyed and must not be used.
-If at any time the resource is no longer required, call content_remove_user():
- content_remove_user(c, callback, p1, p2);
-with the same callback, p1, p2 as passed to fetchcache().