Diffstat (limited to 'Docs/BUILDING-GTK')
1 files changed, 18 insertions, 8 deletions
diff --git a/Docs/BUILDING-GTK b/Docs/BUILDING-GTK
index 8ef7586f0..6c3ab38ac 100644
@@ -18,7 +18,7 @@
such. Others cannot be automatically detected from the Makefile, so you will
either need to install the dependencies, or set them to NO.
- You should then obtain NetSurf's dependancies, keeping in mind which options
+ You should then obtain NetSurf's dependencies, keeping in mind which options
you have enabled in the configuration file. See the next section for
@@ -42,13 +42,14 @@
If you are packaging NetSurf, see the PACKAGING-GTK document.
- Obtaining NetSurf's dependencies
+ Obtaining NetSurf's build dependencies
Many of NetSurf's dependencies are packaged on various operating systems.
- The remainder must be installed manually. Hopefully the number of NetSurf-
- related libraries required will have official releases, downloadable tarballs
- and such. But for now, you'll have to do with svn checkouts.
+ The remainder must be installed manually. Currently, some of the libraries
+ developed as part of the NetSurf project have not had official releases.
+ Hopefully they will soon be released with downloadable tarballs and packaged
+ in common distros. For now, you'll have to make do with svn checkouts.
@@ -64,6 +65,15 @@
$ yum install libglade2-devel curl-devel libxml2-devel libmng-devel
$ yum install librsvg2-devel lcms-devel re2c
+ You'll need to install re2c, a tool which builds the CSS lexer, and the
+ development resources for libglade2, libcurl3, libxml2, libmng and librsvg.
+ Note that if you don't require MNG or JNG image support, NetSurf can be
+ configured to use libpng instead of libmng. If you wish to do this, install
+ the libpng development package instead.
@@ -104,8 +114,8 @@
NetSurf uses James Shaw's librosprite for rendering RISC OS Sprite files on
- non-RISC OS platforms. The Makefile will automatically use it if it can find
- it. You can disable it entirely by editing Makefile.config.
+ non-RISC OS platforms. The Makefile will automatically use librosprite if
+ it is installed. You can disable it entirely by editing Makefile.config.
To build librosprite, check out from svn://svn.rjek.com/jshaw/libsprite/trunk
Build and install it: